Affordable West Virginia Family VacationsSouthwestern West Virginia, in the New River Gorge region near the famous New and Gauley Rivers, is a great family vacation area! Country Road Cabins makes it easy for you to plan high quality getaways with affordable adventure packages.
Packages include deluxe log cabin lodging and your choice of one, two, or more days of relaxing to invigorating outdoor activities. Our four-season fun is only a day’s drive away from major east coast cities.
Traveling with Pets Our Appalachian Cabin accommodates up to two dogs. Learn more...
Customize your vacation to fit your group. Choose things to do from MILDto WILD
Check out our Family-sized CabinsView All Cabins
HideawayA 2 story cabin nestled away in our private woods. Hideaway is a 2 story cabin nestled away in our private woods. This 2 bedroom WV log cabin is spacious at 936 sq. ft. and sleeps 6 in 1 King and 1 queen bedrooms and on a queen sleeper sofa. There is 1 bedroom and 1 bath upstairs and 1 bedroom and 1 bath with a red heart shaped jacuzzi tub downstairs.
JacksonThe ideal home base for your next adventure. Jackson is our spacious two story 1400 sq. ft. cabin with room to spread out, the ideal home base for your next adventure. Jackson sleeps eight in one King bed and 2 queen bedrooms and on a queen sleeper sofa. There are 2 bedrooms and 1 bath upstairs and 1 bedroom and 1 bath downstairs.
YurtA yurt is much more than just another shelter Our brand new wood Yurt provides a lodging experience that combines nature with the comforts of home. Our Yurt comes equipped with everything from the basic necessities for a simple camping experience to luxury amenities. A yurt is much more than just another shelter in nature; it is a source of lifelong memories and a sense of romance and adventure.
Things to do for families:
- Hiking: There are great hiking trails near Country Road Cabins. Enjoy New River Gorge National Recreation Area and nearby Monongahela National Forest. Even the littlest children love a walk (or ride in a child carrier backpack) in the woods and a stream to toss rocks into.
- Biking: Rent mountain bikes to tour old gravel roads or try your skills on the numerous trails in the Gauley and New River recreation areas.
- Birding and Wildlife Viewing: Make it an educational treasure hunt for the kids. Visit the New River Gorge Visitor’s Center to learn of the birds and wildlife in the area, then go out on a hike to find them.
- Climbing/Rappelling: The New River Gorge is famous for rock climbing along the beautiful cliff walls. First-timers and experts alike have plenty of climbing areas suited to their experience levels.
- Fishing: Fishing small mouth bass, walleye, and catfish is superb in the New River and nearby Summersville Lake. Our professional guides will take you to the best fishing sports. Or, bring your own equipment and do it yourself.
Book online or call today to book your perfect vacation getaway for your family: 888-712-2246
Other Local Family-Friendly Attractions:
New River Gorge National Recreation Area: Visitor’s Centerhttp://www.nps.gov/neri/planyourvisit/climbing.htm
Beckley Exhibition Coal Minehttp://www.wvepostcards.com/beckley-exhibition-mine/index.php
Go underground in a real coal mine! Guided tours operate at the Beckley Exhibition Coal Mine during the season, providing visitors with a first-hand look inside a West Virginia coal mine.
Tamarack: The Best of West Virginiahttp://www.tamarackwv.com/
Only 20-minutes south of the New River Gorge Bridge, Tamarack is the nation's first and only collection of West Virginia handmade crafts, arts, and cuisine, which showcases "The Best of West Virginia."
The Mystery Holehttp://www.mysteryhole.com/
An unusual gravity-defying attraction, quirky fun for all ages.
Theatre West Virginiahttp://www.theatrewestvirginia.com/
Enjoy summer outdoor dramas “Honey in the Rock” and “Hatfields & McCoys” at the Cliffside Amphitheatre at Grandview, part of the National Park Service’s New River Gorge National River.
Available Guest Services:
- Catered meals (Wonderful treat after a great day in the outdoors with your family!)
- Fruit or cheese welcoming baskets
- Pantry services (arrive to a fully-stocked kitchen with your grocery requests!)
- Learn More...